shoe of the day...

shoe of the day...

Friday, April 24, 2009

new addition...



y'all, i have been w
anting a thermos for a long time now. i love my travel mug, but some days [most days...] it doesn't hold quite enough coffee to get me through the day [or morning.] i could, conceivably, make coffee at work, but i drink decaf [or at least a split of decaf and regular] and i'm pretty sure my co-workers would notice [...and riot.] for about two months i'd been using a sleek, stainless-steel coffee thermos from home, but it held just barely more than my regular coffee mug [confession: i would take both the thermos AND my travel mug to work. like a bag lady, with mugs.]

all that has changed.


my lovely sister kept promising me that she had an old thermos in the basement [i'm really hoping said thermos did not come with the house. although, really, who am i kidding: i'd use it anyway.] for weeks upon weeks she taunted me with dreams of the stanley thermos, in its green, steel-sided glory...complete with handle.



greeting me this morning as i left for work [in addition to the adorableness that is my neice and nephew, having breakfast in their pajamas] was none other than the thermos. filled with coffee. so shiny. so beautiful. i felt prepared to conquer the world...or at least remain upright at my desk for more than two consecutive hours.

thank you, foo foo. you've made my friday bearable.
xoxox

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

no the thermos did not come with the house! i believe it was actually a present from mom to TOM, but he will never even notice it is gone. ENJOY!

Matt said...

The second photograph in the post reminds me of the monolith in "2001: A Space Odyssey." That looks like a formidable amount of beverage.

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.