shoe of the day...

shoe of the day...

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

inventory time

took a quick inventory this morning of my desk area. here are some highlights of what i have cluttering up my work space:
  • giant box of oreos, newly acquired [this morning, in fact] from my co-worker suzanne
  • nectarine that i failed to eat yesterday, growing a bit mushy
  • peanut butter & raspberry jelly sandwich, also from yesterday
  • bag of almonds & pecans
  • mary poppins umbrella
  • two vhs tapes, contents unknown
  • wind-up dancing bee
  • a lot of pens
  • two stacks of post-it notes
  • two packets of starbucks instant coffee
  • a lot of paper
  • the stanley thermos
  • my to-do list
  • pile of my own business cards
  • files upon files upon files
  • two back issues of vogue [one from 2005, one from 2006]
this is really only the tip of an ever expanding iceberg. i wish i could describe my 'wall of fame' that looms large over my desk...essentially 5 years [since we moved to the new office] of pictures, drawings, articles, quotes, notes, etc. that have found their way to my cork strips, magnetic desk and memo board. it's kind of amazing, actually.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Your desk and wall sound a lot like my refrigerator. We've lived in my house for about three years now and the fridge keeps accumulating things (photos, drawings, coupons, Balderdash pages, fortune cookie fortunes, etc.) in ever-increasing layers. Periodically we have to buy stronger magnets to keep everything attached. My hope is that archeologists from the future will use our fridge to learn what life was like in the early 21st century; apparently, it involved a lot of red Sharpie marker drawings by 3 year-olds.