shoe of the day...

shoe of the day...

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

bouo.

woke up monday morning after a particularly grueling, work-centric weekend feeling as though my entire body had been panini-pressed. i ached...greatly. i dragged my tortured bod to the bathroom, barely cleared the edge of the tub, and began my shower. as i began to wash my left leg, i noticed a rather large dark spot. i seriously thought it was a giant smearing of motor oil (not that motor oil would belong on my leg first thing in the morning, but you know my history with cars. and i was tired.) and tried to scrub it off. turns out it was a HUGE bruise, the tenderness of which was not catered to with all the scrubbing. now, seriously: it's huge. and i have zero recollection as to it's origin. it is the bruise of unknown origin. it's the size of, and resembles in shape, one of those little debbie christmas tree snack cakes. it's a lovely shade of eggplant (turning into a lovely shade of artichoke) and would be rather artistic/tattoo-like if it didn't HURT LIKE HELL. seeing as how it's 90 degrees here today, it's also rather limiting in the wardrobe department. no one wants to see satan's handprint at work and i've tried my best to keep it covered, but: IT'S 90 DEGREES. and my office has no air conditioning. i've taken to tucking my leg under when i sit but i've the feeling that will not be conducive to the healing process. it sort of looks like diego rivera started another mural and got bored 3% of the way through. i blame my job...mostly because if the weekend hadn't been so hellacious, i wouldn't have had to go out sunday night and consult the liquid therapist, most likely resulting in some anti-coordination display that led to said bouo. i wonder how the worker's comp people feel about bruises.

No comments: